Dr. Halasz is a UW assistant professor of radiation oncology at UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, specializing in cancers of the brain and nervous system with expertise in primary and metastatic brain and spine.
Education and Training
• Harvard College, 1996-2000
• Harvard Medical School, 2001-2006
• Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA. Internal Medicine Internship 2006-2007
• Harvard Radiation Oncology Program. Radiation Oncology Residency 2007-2011
Please visit PubMed for a full listing of Dr. Halasz’s journal articles.
• Yao MC, Yao CH, Halasz LM, Fuller P, Rexer CH, Wang SH, Jain R, Coyne RS, Chalker DL. Identification of novel chromatin-associated proteins involved in programmed genome rearrangements in Tetrahymena. J Cell Sci. 2007 Jun 15; 120 (Pt 12): 1978-1989. PMID: 17519286.
• Halasz LM, Bussiere MR, Dennis ER, Niemierko A, Chapman PH, Loeffler JS, Shih HA. Proton stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of benign meningiomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 20934263.
• Mak RH, Halasz LM, Schultz DJ, Tanaka C, Ancukiewicz M, Russell AH, Viswanathan AN. Outcomes After Radiation Therapy with Concurrent Weekly Platinum-Based or 5-Fluorouracil-Based Chemotherapy for Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Vulva. Gynecol Oncol. 2011 Jan;120(1):101-107. PMID: 20950845.
• Varnum-Finney B*, Halasz LM*, Sun M, Radtke F, Gridley T, Bernstein ID. Notch2 promotes self renewal of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells during marrow regeneration. J Clin Invest. 2011 Mar 1;121(3):1207-1216. PMID: 21285514. (*co-first authors)